Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a situation where I am currently working 4 ten hour…

Customer Question
I have a situation...

I have a situation where I am currently working 4 ten hour days to help to reduce daycare costs. I’m up for a promotion but I can’t accept it because the next level is a salary position so I can’t work 4 ten hour days and I would be reduced to a 32 hour employee. If I accept the promotion I will lose 16-20K a year but if I don’t my advancment will be delayed significantly

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have offered to work weekends, 4 tens and any other option they would like

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes for several years in anticipation of the next level

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m salary non-exempt so I get paid hourly but the next level is salary and no overtime

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/19/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

I’m wondering if I have a legal position with regards ***** ***** I currently can’t get promoted without going back full time or take a 16K pay cut. I have offered to work 4 ten hour days, working from home Friday’s and working the weekend. I have turned down the promotion because I can’t take that kind of pay cut. I would be going from salary non-exempt to salary no overtime
If based on gender or age, yes.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Likewise where violates policy and evidences disparate treatment.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!