Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for the State of Tennessee and am a member of the…

Customer Question
I work for the...

I work for the State of Tennessee and am a member of the Tennessee State Employees Association. Tomorrow is Lobby Day and I have been told state employees can take off to go to the Lobby Day and not have to charge annual time . Can you find in the law where it says that. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

The State doesn't have any full time employees as I am that are in a union . It's against the law.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/19/2018
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley

I have spent a while looking into your question and I have not found any law that says that this is so

it certainly is not a state holiday

I would suggest contacting a superior or union rep.