Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

This i a little confusing but i will try to simplify it I…

Customer Question
This i a little...

This i a little confusing but i will try to simplify it I work at Old Navy or Gap, Inc. in petaluma, ca. I was an acting leader for 5v months and they only paid me the $150 for almost 4 months they owe me 155.36. I keep being told I will be paid and I am leaving to move back to Connecticut this month. I am still waiting to be paid what are my options I will still be working for the company a of now but i may have to quit to get paid which i would prefer not to do... Can you advise me pleae

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Both manager district manager and a woman in hr they told me to talk to

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will -

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/19/2018
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You can file a wage claim with the state of California. They will investigate and help collect any wages you are owed. They can do this even while you are still working for the company. They can also send your payment to wherever you are living when the investigation is completed.

Here is more information, along with forms.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 29 days ago

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer