Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I employed as a chief maintenance tech at the comfort in…

Customer Question
I employed as a...

I employed as a chief maintenance tech at the comfort in at4050Powdermillrd in beltsville md. I started to work on the 2/19/2018with the aid of one maintenance guy how ever I began doing all the assignments that were hande down to me with my aid for he has bee there before m cause he knows the hotel much better than me any how as I said i always complete any assignments I hadn’t o doOn the first day that I began to work i was give a15 mins training to reprogram some Phillips television that they have in individual rooms and they are very slow to programs as mentioned to me by the technician. During i was given a special assignment to do and turn ivy 3/9/2018 which was done and turn inon3/7/2018 and i started assisting with the preparation of the rooms for they were expecting to have at least two or three groups in by weekend so on3/9/2018iwas schedule to work from 8am to 3pm but I work ed untill415pmcause the other maintenance guy had an electrical problem and came to me for help at that time we were all busy getting the roomsinorderso i went to help solve the problem which i did solvedby replacing anew light fixture for existing kept tripping out the breakerwheniwas finished wasaround410pm i then reported to the manager and I left for i was authorizedto workot on3/10/2018after completing my day work before i left i ask the manager abou the schedule for next and he told u know we are busy i willtex u and let what time to come on Monday so on Sunday afternoon about6pm i call him and left a message requesting what time that iishuoulreport a nd he replirdcomeoutat10 am on Monday I reported for work a bit earlier and upon my arrival the other maintenancace guy said that there is a leak coming from up stairs and that he can find it si.o i told him that i start at 10 oclock so inquired if the manager is around so that i can get permission to give the other guy a hand and i was told by the front desk attendant it is ok to help so I singled in my arrival and assisted him and I found the source of the leak and repaired it during that time i was asked to check the lock on a guest door whiched required the use of the master lock which is kept in the managers office so I asked the manager for it and he said to give him a minute for he wants to speak to me the he told to have a seat and he called the asst manager in and he began telling me that he is sorry tht things did not work out for my performance was not satisfactory for what they were expecting so i ask him to let me know in what way that my performance was not up to their expectations he began to talk about the hours about the mal function of the televisions and i replied to him about the TVs problem thaiwhei report ate problem u said i got or u will go with me to solve it and up to now u never show me so how can u blame whe iask u to call oil will all him and said neither George or I should call him for they charge he never replied to me but he said that i am veryveryvsorry that I will have to let u goals from today12/3/2018 come on Friday and pick up your last check Now i have not receive a warning letter about my performance for the past fewweksordays and when iaskhi to let me complete the month and if there is no progressi wiiresign he said that he has no time to baby sit or train. So this is my reason for seeking assistance astomy case

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Fulltime

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment if I do rember. Iwilllet u know

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/20/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

I see that your question has not been answered. I suspect because it was very difficult to decipher as the words are running together and there. But, in any event, can you tell me what your legal question is? Also, are you in a union?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Tina, Lawyer