Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Helvie, i work for our sunday visitor in huntington, In. i…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** i work for our sunday visitor in huntington, In. i have been a faithful employee for going on 8 yrs. I have been suspended for supposedly not moving a cart of fedx mail to the dock. they are sending me to my physician for an evaluation of mental & physical ability's to perform. this company has been known to discriminate against older employees who have many years in. in fact my sister in law, along with 2 other women with over 115 yrs. of service to the company were walked out. this is a yearly ongoing thing. i feel it is retaliatory treatment for an ongoing situation that we have won in arbitration for another employee, but the company has appealed to federal court in Indianapolis. so they are doing this to me,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes, many times,

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Indiana, yes i'm chapel chair of our union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just need some expert advice......

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/18/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this situation?