Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Was verbally and physically assaulted at work in front of…

Customer Question
Was verbally and physically...

Was verbally and physically assaulted at work in front of coworkers and other witnesses. I gave written 2 weeks notice after the event took place. Now my boss says he is laying me off...where do I stand because I cannot collect unemployment

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

There is no hr and no with a lawyer yet it just happened yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union, private company with a hand full of employees, but my employee contract clearly states his actions as termination of employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I fear going back to work over the next 2 weeks and the stress is killing me thinking about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Tina, Lawyer