Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What constitutes proof of harassment. It was discussed with…

Customer Question
What constitutes proof of...

What constitutes proof of harassment

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this harassment issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

It was discussed with the immediate supervisor

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Salaried, at will 70-80 hrs per week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am female work in athletic environment local hospital is used for all but ortho. Ortho is 30 minutes away. The boars member of the hospital is in a Vice President role at college and states that we must only refer to hospital and use ther ortho which are new and in division 2 football may not be the best providers and we may not refer to the other ortho we used because they have two new ortho at hospital and was their schedules busy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/18/2018
Employment Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

What type of harassment are you facing?

The harassment is twofold- as assistant football coach put his hands on my breast’s during a football game and shoved me into the players (I am an athletic trainer). He did the same to two other of my employees and reported it. His auperviaor apoke to him but told me it would be wise to stay away. Secondly, college athletics direct athletes to providers who are willing and good. We have a small hospital who we use for all services other than ortho. Ortho is 30 minutes away. We previously used the local hospital for ortho and each time they have quit and I have to find new provider in an area where there are few. The dean or women and VP of students sits on the local hospitL board and is saying all ortho must be seen there and die not want the past provider as the hospital has hired 3 new. Is thi leagal for her to direct as ah sits on the board?

The coach putting his hands on you could certainly be assault, and may also be considered sexual harassment given the area you were touched. IF you want to pursue a claim for the harassment, you can contact your local EEOC office and report the matter to an investigator, who should open up a case and proceed to investigate the matter.

As for the hospital matter, that's likely not ay type of harassment as this area of law requires discrimination based on race, sex, age, disability or religion.....which does not seem to be present there.