Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Need legal help worked for a school for 24 years now used…

Need legal help worked...

Need legal help worked for a school for 24 years now used fmla fro 12 weeks and my doctor asking is asking me to rest fro 4 more weeks but I got a letter from my employers saying not approved for leave now because I exceeded my 12 weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have written a letter to the executive director requesting leave for 4 more weeks

3/17/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but what help do you need? FMLA says an employee is entitled to 12 weeks of job protection. Do you have an employment contract that provides you have a right to more protection than FMLA provides?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Phone call session started
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney