Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If the phone isn't under password protection, then it can be…

Customer Question
if the phone isn't under...
if the phone isn't under password ***** then it can be assumed that acess to it isn"t necessarily prohibited (kind of like a "no tresspassong" sign)?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/17/2018
Employment Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
No, that would not be correct. Whether someone's phone is password ***** or not it is nonetheless their property and it would be an invasion of privacy and criminally prosecutable if it is discovered. Please let me know if I've answered your question. I understand that this is not good news and I apologize for that. I hope you don't take it out on me or my rating... I have an ethical responsibility to tell you what the law actually is - and even if I didn't have that obligation I'd still want you to avoid a legal headache if I possibly can help you avoid that! So I just need you to know what you're up against. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney