Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I’m not sure if I have a case, I was diagnosed with breast…

Customer Question
I’m not sure if...

I’m not sure if I have a case, I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago and have had numerous complications due to radiation. I am having 60 daily treatments (business days) and my employer has demoted me as a manager and my department and gave the position to his son in law. I bought my own disability insurance and have been put on full disability. Also the income for the women in my company (myself included) are significantly lower for equal work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the demotion with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I was HR, and it was one of the owners who did this and gave the position to his son in law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am “at will”

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My entire office is being searched by the son in law, I can attest on a Christian Bible that I am an honest person and have not committed any unethical acts, I have worked there for 19 years

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

It sounds like you could have discrimination claims based on sex and/or disability discrimination. It could be a good idea to talk to the EEOC on the phone or in person. I have the information. Would you like it?

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Employment Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 30 days ago

Hello again:

I am checking in with you to see if you need further help. If you need more, just let me know.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney