Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was fired today while on a medical leave. It was the hr…

I was fired today...

I was fired today while on a medical leave

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

It was the hr person who sent me the termination email. I was out on an accommodation from my psychiatrist and was receiving ECT treatments

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes at will no Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can they do this

3/17/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you? I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
I would like some options as I feel I was discriminated against. First they were requesting I come back 2 weeks before my drs would release me then when both Dr refaxed my release to work paperwork for 2 weeks later they sent me a termination letter today.
On review of your facts, you have a good case. Basis would be retaliation and wrongful termination.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Often such claims resolve in exchange for a fair severance. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Where are you at and are you an actual lawyer
I am a legal expert and attorney.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What state are you in and is this something you can do for me
what type of settlement just as an example does one ask for
I am in NY. We cannot represent customers but local counsel can do so. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Parameters of a settlement should be around 6 months of pay as a starting point.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Well thank you very much for your time you have been helpful and yes acceptable. Have a good one and great St Patty's day
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer