Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked at a company for 7yrs as manager and it was sold…

Customer Question
I worked at a...

I worked at a company for 7yrs as manager and it was sold the new owners mistreated me by yelling, demeaning and treating me like I was a kid I asked them to respect me sevral times but that's the way they treated sevral employees finlly I quit my job and told them why I was quitting I was denied unemployment for the 3 weeks I was wirthout a job its not fair the unemployment said the the new owners denied any harassment of course they are not going to admit to it I even sent 2 letter of the previous owner and the controller confirming what I stated.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have never in my 22 yrs working asked for unemployment or been mistreated like that

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I was HR

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not union or spoken to an attorney unemployment said I should have reported to the labor department or done something to correct the problem I coud I go against the owners

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information, can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, what State does your question apply to and did you appeal the denial of your UI benefits?

Tina, Lawyer