Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been working as a contract employee for a company and…

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working as a contract employee for a company and my daughter also as contract...i was in product development she was in distribution. She had someone back into our car while at work. We reported to security then returned to see if person that got it was identified with video.. .they turned over to hr they said....i contacted he and they said to contract my contract company. My company requested video then sent to sheriff's office. They sent to me. We identified vehicle and recognised it and it at bldg daily....i called security and asked if could owner be found from company sticker that they require us to have. They said would have to go through he dio I told insurance company. They fired me today for just asking... this has been delayed side Oct 2017 incident....crazy aye

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

My on site company contact rep came to my office and discussed and took my badge per the company.she said she will let me know if I can come back

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Non union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Contract is at will

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

So if they fired you for exercising your rights under law, the termination is unlawful and it is grounds to sue the employer for breach of contract and unlawfully terminating your contract. Upon proof that the employer intentionally concealed the employee's identity that committed a CRIME of hit and run and that they fired you when you asked for the information, you cans sue the employer to seek damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.