Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been fired today. And I am filing employment Ben fit.

Hello I have been fired today. And...
Hello
I have been fired today.
And I am filing employment Ben fit.
In reason for discharge in application ,should I choose "low performance " that reason which my company said to me and it is not true by the way.
I am afraid it is might affect my right in future to judge company.
Please advise. If that no harm to choose that reason of " low performing " while filing unemployment benefit? .
3/16/2018
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance. (The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you. Unless I specifically state, during our discussion, that a phone call is possible, I intend to just use this chat format as I am not in a position to accept a phone call).

When filing for unemployment and filing out the form, you are just stating the reason the employer gave. That does not legally mean you agree with them. It would not effect any other rights you may have to pursue the employer for the termination.

It doesn't act as an admission by you of anything.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer