Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My husband works for ASU. He had a terrible infection, spent…

Customer Question
My husband works for...

My husband works for ASU. He had a terrible infection, spent a bunch of time in the hospital, was on disability. Went back to work part time (25 hours a week from home). Doctor sent an updated note that kept him at 25 hours. Didn't say in the update from home so now they want him to come in and have switched it to an ADA case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your husband discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will. Salaried.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess my question is really...if he gets rejected as an accommodation, will he be able to go back on disability? Or will they consider him "eligible to work?"

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/17/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am having difficulty understanding the entire post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tina, Lawyer