Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I wanna know my rights as far as being sexually harassed by…

Customer Question
I wanna know my...

I wanna know my rights as far as being sexually harassed by another co worker!

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this harassment issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

It Was with the kitchen manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Hourly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At will

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/16/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

You have the right to submit a complaint to your employer about the harassment and be free from any sort of retaliation stemming from your complaint. Your employer must then take reasonable measures to prevent further harassment (i.e. sexual harassment training discipline, transfer or termination of the offending employee) or the employer will itself become liable for future sexual harassment perpetrated by this employee. You also have the right to file a complaint with the EEOC and have them investigate your allegation, though generally it is best to wait and see if this can be resolved within the company before resorting to outside measures.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.