Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work retail and needed a letter sent to corporate HR

Customer Question
asking they apply documented outpatient...
I work retail and needed a letter sent to corporate HR asking they apply documented outpatient surgery sick days to my FMLA and remove an attendance 'action plan' from my personnel file. I was surprised it took the lawyer I hired ($215/HR) took 3 hours over a period of 29 days to generate what appeared a boilerplate demand letter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Can you please clarify for me what your specific question is? How can I assist you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is a reasonable number of days to produce a simple letter demanding FMLA be applied and personnel file updated? This is a small two person, suburban law office that looks more like a knitting circle in the sweet, friendly atmosphere - not overwhelmed with unreasonable caseloads.

I would think that something like this should be prepared within a couple days, provided the attorney has all necessary information. Of course, things do come up--attorneys have court appearances and trials--so depending on the specific schedule of the lawyer involved it could wind up taking a bit longer. I would say that 29 days is definitely way longer than it should take to draft this sort of letter.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer