Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Thank you Kindly for your answer. In the interim, I called…

Thank you Kindly for your...
Thank you Kindly for your answer. In the interim, I called HR, but they have not returned my call. I also called my supervisor (Ryan), and told him it was a recommendation and not mandatory. I also told him that I wanted to travel where he needs me. I just need enough time to sell a home in Georgia which I have had as a rental for the last 7 years.. I plan to retire next February, when I will be 62. However, I currently have $250,000 in debt and do not want to use my money in stock market to to pay off debt. My supervisor's response was that he was going to call HR and determine if they could have me travel in light of the recommendation. He also said he would get back to me, but I know he is going on vacation.
What I really wanted to ask is:Does this company have a right to fire Me because I can no longer satisfy the floater requirements?
You see, I know they have dis-enfranchised me...but I have never done anything for them to legitimately terminate me. I have known of 3 pharmacist fired because of stealing drugs, or abusing drugs....but I have not done that. I am in no trouble with the board of any state. I am very efficient as a pharmacist. I work hard, am productive and ethical. I can get a little short with customers in that they get a quick answer when they want to elaborate on their issue, but I am never rude. I know they are using me because I arrived with license in states nearby and they save much money by not having to hire 2 pharmacist to cover 2 different states. I am not married, nor do I have children at home any longer. They other floaters that are kept nearby do not have out of state license and have families. So, it serves them to dis-enfranchise me.
3/16/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you very much for requesting for my assistance once more.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and get back to you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I am truly sorry to read about your situation. This company is using you.

I do understand the stress of having obligations to take care of and the treat of losing the means to meet those obligations. However, you should not beg this company for your job. You should certainly not put your health at risk. You should start looking for another company in the area that would be in of your services.

Your Question:

What I really wanted to ask is:Does this company have a right to fire Me because I can no longer satisfy the floater requirements?'

Response: Unfortunately, they can eventhough you have been doing them a huge favor by working in two states.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law