Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I hope I am asking in the correct category here, rather than…

Customer Question
Hello. I hope I am...
Hello. I hope I am asking in the correct category here, rather than employment law, and you are able to help.I work in a smaller office setting and we do online wholesale/retail merchandise sales.I am going to be proposing a salary raise to my employer, switched from hourly, and I just want to make sure I understand rules regarding OT and Paid Time Off with a salary.My salary request will be $64k, which I believe is over the threshold where my employer would need to pay me any additional OT beyond my salary, no matter how many hours are worked. I am making my request under this assumption, is that correct?Also regarding PTO, I am requesting an increase in paid days to go along with my salary. I just want to make sure I am understanding how this system would work so please correct me if I am wrong. I understand things can probably be negotiated 1 way or the other with my employer, but I want to make sure I understand the standard guidelines. So, I assume if I was to miss a day for illness, but use a PTO day, I would still get my full weekly salary pay, but my PTO account would just be docked 1 day. But if I didn't use a PTO day, would my salary then be docked the equivalent of a days worth of my salary?Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/16/2018
Employment Lawyer: VA-NP, Legal Answer Team replied 3 months ago
VA-NP
VA-NP, Legal Answer Team

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping your today.

I will ask the Moderator to move your question to Employment Law since this is a legal question.