Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Have a question about labor and discrimination. I am a 60…

Customer Question
Have a question about...

Have a question about labor and discrimination. I am a 60 woman working in the same position and department for 16yrs. Two days ago I was put out on administrative leave pending and investigation regarding inappropriate behavior., stating that I pushed and pulled at someone. I am two yrs from retirement and I truly believe they are trying to get rid of me. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this discrimination issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

HR conducting investigation

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Manager is aware. I have been threatened by the administrator of the dept. “ that I am going to lose my job on More than one occasion over the last few weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No union

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/16/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Do you believe that they are trying to get rid of you because of your age?

Tina, Lawyer