Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

We have a verbal policy for employees and managers to get…

We have a verbal policy...
We have a verbal policy for employees and managers to get discounted meals while working. One of the managers had a major issue and said that the policy was not being enforced correctly by the kitchen and that they felt the kitchen staff and managers behavior was being discriminator. This filed a complaint with the state and the manager said now that they want a written policy to present to that state that needs to be enforced. My boss and I have written a policy but have some questions that we would like to speak with a attorney about so that we don't put anything in writing that could cause us legal issues.
3/16/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

We would be glad to discuss this with you, what are your questions?

Phone call session started