Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What is the cost for your help. What is the cost when I get…

What is the cost...

What is the cost for your help

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Employment Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the cost when I get a reply?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Employment Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will, hourly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I was terminated from my job as a deputy sheriff on 7-5-2018. I had an attorney prior to my dismissal. I later filed an EEOC with the State of New Mexico, Human Rights. I just got a reply that they found No Probable Cause in my case. However, I don't believe my attorney ever sent the information I believed would have help with my case. terminated on 7-5-2017

3/16/2018
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, can you please tell me what your legal question is?

Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was terminated from my job on 7-5-2017 as a deputy sheriff. I had filed a sexual harassment complaint against the department I was working for with the New Mexico, Human Rights Bureau, Labor Relations Bureau with the State EEOC. My charges included, sexual harassment, gender bias, age discrimination, (a co-worker took a photo of me from behind). I was awarded unemployment due to the department being found the following: The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions stated in part: "You discharged the claimant because of a personality conflict that did not involve misconduct." Section 51-1-7A NMSA 1978. Your account is liable for benefits paid based on this period of employment under Section 51-1-11 NMSA 1978. However, they told the New Mexico Human Rights Bureau, and me in a letter I was terminated because I did not successfully completed my probationary period. I was pulled from training and not allowed to complete my training with only 2 days left. I have a tape recording of the last deputy/Field Training Officer that says I would have completed my training if they had not halted my training. I also have an extended tape recording of a witness that saw the deputy taking photos of my behind that describes the deputy's behavior as, "not work related, and that he described the behavior as hazing, I told the department he did not feel it was right what he had done." I received a letter dated March 12, 2018, that states I have 15 days to respond and file a Substantial Weight Review. I have 90 days to file an appeal in the District Court. What do I submit for the Substantial Weight Review? Can I request and get the documents for the investigation the state conducted?
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started