Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I don't know what to do my past employer has not payed me…

Customer Question
I don't know what...

I don't know what to do my past employer has not payed me for my last pay period I was on salary and had 2 weeks vacation and I had direct deposit it did not hit my account and I contacted him and he told me he would mail it to me and that was over a week ago my pay date was yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I'm sorry pay day was a week ago yesterday and I contacted the payroll lady and she said that my money will be in the account the next day and it has not been there and it's been over a week

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

It's not Union and it was salary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I had two weeks vacation also unused

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/16/2018
Employment Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to Continue I dont know what to do
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry for the delay you experienced, the experts are not site employees, so we cannot control when questions appear on our lists. I do apologize.

Failure to pay wages when due is a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act and also the OK Payday law. Under OK law, the employer must pay you upon termination all wages due, which includes unused vacation. The employer has to pay you for all hours worked plus unused vacation time by the next regularly scheduled payday.

If they have not done so, you can seek a penalty of up to 10% of wages due. See: Oklahoma Stat. 40-5:165.2 .

So, what you need to do is file a complaint against the employer with the OK Department of Labor Wage and Hour division and they will assist you with your claim.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney