Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was robbed twice and shot once on my job. I told my

Customer Question
I was robbed twice...

I was robbed twice and shot once on my job. I told my manager that I was afraid to run register and she said she wouldn't pit me on schedule anymore. I have ptsd and major depressive disorder. She wouldn't accommodate me with another position. I recently found another store that would accommodate me by giving me a stocking only position but my ex employer has me in the system as a no rehire.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this scheduling issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel it's discrimination and wrongful termination and defamation

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

How many employees does your former employer have?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello and thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks to the phone call
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dollar general is worldwide and thousands of people are employed. My question is from what I told you do you think I have a case

Kindly disregard the phone call offer. I did not make it. The offer was automatically made to you by the site. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program. Thank you for your understanding.

I still need answer to my information request:

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question? How many employees does your former employer have? Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dollar general is worldwide and they employ thousands of people. From what I told you do you think I have a case

My question is from what I told you do you think I have a case

Response: Yes, you have a case for wrongful termination. You need to file complaint for disability discrimination with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC"). You do not need an Attorney to file your initial complaint. EEOC has intake workers that can help you complete and file your claim. Click here for the complaint process.

Also, under the circumstances, you should file application for unemployment benefits.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know if I qualify for unemployment benefits cause I receive social security. Do I need an attorney to sue them or just file a complaint

As previously stated, you do not need an Attorney to file your initial complaint of discrimination.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I wrong cause I feel like it's discrimination, wrongful termination, defamation, hostile environment all of the above and will the complaint cover all those things

I am sorry, but it appears that you are either not seeing my posts or you are not understanding it. You keep asking me questions that I have already answered. Kindly carefully review my previous posts before asking another questions. Thank you for your cooperation. I have other customers on the site that I need to assist.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are correct. I don't understand what you are saying cause you are not giving me a clear understanding. That is why I contacted you and for you to make me feel like I'm stupid is wrong but I will be sure to rate you. Thanks

I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,

Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you - I am sorry there was confusion from the other expert helping you.

I think you are looking for the next steps in how to help you?

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer