Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I filed a lawsuit against a company that I was a co founder…

Customer Question
I filed a lawsuit...

I filed a lawsuit against a company that I was a co founder of. It is in the discovery phase. Im Pro se. The opposing counsel has not produced the documents that I requested. A few days after my formal request, his partner called and tried to play "ggod cop" with me to try to get me to settle before the deadline to produce documents. I refused and during some searching on the company's public website I found an "application" form for 3 10,000 dollar "grants" that they were offeringto hospitals to entice them to contract with them for services. Also that they were using the names of 2 doctors calling them "advisors" for the company. I reported this to theOIG/HHS department because it is a kick back and illegal. I sent a brief note to the 2 doctors that I know for certain are NOT advisers for the company and would be upset to know that their names were being used on the website. Now the opposing counsel sent me an email threatening me with a classic retalitory defamation lawsuit

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

I live in North carolina but the lawsuit is in California court because the company was formed in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

My suit against them absolutely. The one that they are threatening me with absolutely not. They want me to sign some letter saying that I will cease a desist etc. They really think that I am an idiot or easily intimidated by them. Im not and have every email and contact and document pertaining to my dealings and involvement with the company. They don't stand a chance .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have done my homework and the causes of action include fraud, breach of contacts the majority shareholder transferred 440,000 company shares to himself without authorization there have not been any formalities like shareholders meetings or election its a mess

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear about this situation and your difficulties with discovery. Did you have a specific question regarding this matter that I can assist you with? I very much look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my plan is to ignore the threat. If that is not the best response then my plan would be to reply that threatening me with a defamation lawsuit for reporting a kick back to the proper authorities is retaliatory. Nothing that I reported was false and I printed it directly off of the company website. The kickback is a offer to hospital to "apply for a "grant" which include 10,000 worth of in-kind services in order to get the hospital to sign a contract to continue to use their services. By definition per the AKA that is a kickback

Thank you. If you don't mind clarifying, what is your actual question please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I reply to the email and sign the letter or ignore it?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
fine I guess the person who initiated the conversation didn't relay the details that I provided. Please just total out my conversation Good night.

I was typing a response to you, but complex legal answers take more than 4 minutes to put together.

I will opt out in favor of other attorneys.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay I am sorry I just had a pop up that said you were busy after I requested a phone call. I didn't realize you were working on it.
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

i would be happy to answer any questions you have or talk by phone.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer