Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was changed my schedule at work and still had ONE week of…

Customer Question
I was changed my schedule...
I was changed my schedule at work and still had ONE week of PTO. I was not given 2wk notice. Do you think I can get my PTO paid. I no longer work since I didn't have enough time to work my new schedule.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, however, I am unclear about what your facts are. Can you explain them differently? Are you saying you were on PTO and your boss called you in to work, or are you saying that because your schedule changed you quit and now want to be paid, along with your final paycheck, the unused PTO? What does 2 weeks have to do with your question?

Tina, Lawyer