Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What are my rights in regards to verbal abuse, bullying and…

Customer Question
What are my rights...

What are my rights in regards ***** ***** abuse, bullying and threats of termination when I stand up to a manager at work?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, i have written a formal letter of complait that I have yet to give to my store manager. ( i work as a part-time cosmetician at a shoppers drug mart)

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if i'm taking the right steps. Other girls have quit but the manager will continue being mean and abusive if we all just quit. I don't have alot of confidence in the store manager or associate owner

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and lawA lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If needed legal action can also be filed in state court.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will call the labour board tomorrow and see about submitting a complaint with them. I don't feel I need a lawyer at this time but I will document how my situation progresses after I make my formal complaint at work
Perfect. Good luck. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer