Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

DO I HAVE A CASE FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION IF I WAS

DO I HAVE A...

DO I HAVE A CASE FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION IF I WAS TERMINATED BECAUSE I WOULDN'T PROVIDE A FALSE STATEMENT AGAINST ANOTHER WORKER TO PREVENT THEM FROM OBTAINING UNEMPLOYMENT AS PER SUPERVISOR?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

THEY'RE A WAREHOUSE WORKER SO THERE IS NO HR, THE PAYROLL CLERK FORWARDED A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS STATING HE DIDNT KNOW I WOULD BE RETURNING SO IM NO LONGER NEEDED, THIS IS AFTER 10+ YEARS OF SERVICE. I SPOKE TO 2 OTHER LAWYERS AND THEY REFUSED THE CASE BECAUSE IT DIDNT PERTAIN TO DISCRIMINATION AGAINST RACE, AGE, AGENDA, ETC. ANOTHER LAWYER SAID I HAVE A CASE.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I AM ACTUALLY WRITING YOU ON BEHALF OF MY BROTHER. I AM AN AT WILL EMPLOYEE, THERE IS NO UNION.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HE USE TO WORK MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AND WHEN NEEDED, HE WOULD WORK THE WEEKENDS. WEEKENDS WERE NOT PAID AS OVERTIME, AFTER WORKING 9 HOURS, HE WAS PAID IN CASH.

3/14/2018
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Your brother absolutely has a case for wrongful termination. It is illegal retaliation for an employer to terminate an employee for refusing to make false statements in an official proceeding.

He should consult with a local employment attorney to consider initiating a wrongful termination action. He can find one here:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practice/employment-law-employee

Also see these resources:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/wrongful-termination-retaliation-whistleblowing.html

https://www.wrongfulterminationsettlements.com/reasons/retaliation/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney