Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated from my job yesterday due to being pregnant…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** i was terminated from my job yesterday due to being pregnant and was told i was a liability. is there anything i can do about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have called various lawyers but havent heard from anyone yet. HR was who called me and advised that due to lack of work i was being let go but due to an incident that happened earlier yesterday morning i know that this is not true. i was told by a manager that i was a liability infront of other employees

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Noi do not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was working as a contract employee ans was the only employee let go due to lack of work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/14/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

sure thing

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

ok will this whole process be done via internet? would really like to talk to someone

Yes, we can do it online right here or you can accept a phone call for $60 if you would like. It's totally up to you:-)

if i have a case will the fee be the same?

Well, we can't provide actual representation, just information to help you get started in the right direction. But if you accept a phone call, the call time is unlimited and there's no additional fees with that.

oh ok i thought this was to actually hire a lawyer

I'm sorry. We can't offer representation; however, I've helped nearly 10,000 people with their legal problems and sometimes hiring a lawyer is the last step in what you should do. Could you help me understand a bit more about what happened with this termination?

I will try to find someone I can speak to on the phone for a more affordable cost to me. unfortunately I'm not able to pay at this time to talk to you. it's almost impossible to go thrrough this via messages. it's way to time consuming, but Thank You for your help anyways

I understand. Thanks so much.

You can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-**** for a refund as well.

Thank You

You bet.

Employment Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
N Cal Attorney

New Expert here.

In which State did this happen?