Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am an entrepreneur in Florida operating a gift basket

Customer Question
business specializing in gifts delivered...
I am an entrepreneur in Florida operating a gift basket business specializing in gifts delivered to Disney and Universal theme park guests. My fiancee is a full time corporate Disney employee. Disney considers us to be "domestic partners" and I am on my fiancee's health insurance, etc. (which is provided via Disney). My fiancee does not do work for me or my business, and we do not use any company benefits to operate my business (ex. we are entitled to a 40% merchandise discount, but I do not use that to purchase any items relating to my business).Are you able to confirm that we are operating completely within the bounds of his contract? My understanding is that if my fiancee is not involved with the business in any way, and we are not using company benefits for anything relating to the business, we are in the clear. I do purchase things from Disney regularly (like plush, Disney branded snacks, etc.) for in our baskets, but I purchase them at full price at a location I don't need any credentials to enter (open to the public).
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/14/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is the exact language of the contract?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will grab that now, and will also try to pull up the exact language regarding the domestic partner benefits.

Thank you.

Tina, Lawyer