Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I a physician working for federal government. I transferred…

Customer Question
Hi, I a physician...

Hi, I a physician working for federal government. I transferred to VA 3 months ago, but position offered does not exist, and will not exist for several months.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington, dc

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I transferred, with 19 years in, now per the VA I am probationary for 2 years as a new hire, full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It seems that I at the will of the employer now, and being somewhat harrassed, undervallued

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/14/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Not sure If I have any recourse. Because I took this position, I feel I'm being blackballed from returning to prior agency, Department of Defense. I am getting paid of course, but I just don't have a regular assignment.
-

I see. So, I'm a little confused: you said that you were offered a position that doesn't exist, correct? So, are you working in a position for the VA now? Are you out of work now?

No. I am working now, getting paid. But I am doing very little

Doctor, would you like a phone call to discuss this issue with me? It's $59; however, I have a feeling there are several layers we need to discuss and it can help me adequately analyze your situation. I've sent an offer to you so please let me know if you're interested.