Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

A year 1/2 ago, I was assaulted by another employee at a…

Customer Question
A year 1/2 ago...

A year 1/2 ago, I was assaulted by another employee at a Catholic based school in Ashland Montana, the school name is***** Indian school. They are run by a donation based program. Their mission statement states tons for not tolerated items. so when another employee forced herself on me giving me bodily harm. I went to our boss, she said she will handle it. I never seen no out come, then I reported it to the police, the police told the school I reported the harassment then I was suspended and fired for doing so. no for a year and a half I cannot obtain a job. I developed, depression, i applied for disabilityfor the harm. and now its come up again. my employer is saying I was a problematic employer. I documented in writing and submitted to them, I even sent them a grievance letter, there was no response. so my question is can i still sue them after all this time. i cannot seem to gain employment and I will be 50 in April. I have never had a problem like this ever.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time with over time I was a house parent and a substitute teacher there.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The officer i was working with, was telling the school what i done. I recorded my boss telling me she was putting me on supension, and the officer told her i did that because i shone him the video aright after i reported the assault.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/14/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Yes, you can file lawsuit against the school for the assault and for the school looking the other way. The school as an employer is vicariously liable for the action of its employees.

The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse.

You can obtain complaint form at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.