Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can direct deposit stating total dollar amount and place…

Can direct deposit stating total...
Can direct deposit stating total dollar amount and place came can prove employment verification
Can anybody assist
3/14/2018
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Can that possibly satisfy some sort of requirement for employment verification? Maybe. I say that because whether it satisfies some organization's need or request for employment verification depends entirely on that organization and whether they accept it as proof. In other words, there is no statute that says what is and isn't employment verification. Most organizations would balk at accepting a direct deposit as proof of employment as it only proves that a company made a deposit, not that someone is employed. But again, totally up to that organization or their written rules.

Please feel free to ask for clarification.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer