Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Massachusetts. When closing a corporation what happens to…

Massachusetts. When closing...
Massachusetts. When closing a corporation what happens to the money I paid into unemployment ?
3/14/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Question:

Response: The funds are deposited in the Federal Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to be used to pay your former employees' unemployment compensation. If you are closing your business, you need to make sure to apply to suspend your unemployment insurance tax account with Department of Unemployment Assistance so that the Commonwealth would not expect any more deposits from your business. For more information, click here.

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/closing-your-business

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much and of course a 5* rating was given
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law