Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I an currently working with company A which has a client…

Customer Question
I an currently working...

I an currently working with company A which has a client company B. Now there is non solicitation agreement between A and B which prohibits employee solicitation but an employee can respond to any public job posting. I applied to company B through their website and got the job. Now my current employer is threatening me that it us technically not right and is not accepting my resignation mail.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And I have not signed any contract. It's only between A and B

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Employment Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: You current employer has not standing to prevent you from resigning. Any claim, whether valid, would have to be brought against Company B, not against you.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.