Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My workplace the dept manager has one of her own employee…

Customer Question
My workplace the dept...

My workplace the dept manager has one of her own employee watching another as they work, where they go, listens on conversations if they can, this person has a hearing disability,...isn’t this

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Oh yes many of times with the company HR person and even talked to the company’s administrator

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The reason given from this manager is because they are not communicating with staff, employee, etc..thinking this is done on purpose whe this person cannot effectively hear clearly!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/13/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Are you asking if it is illegal to instruct an employee to watch and listen to another employee? Can you clarify your question for me please? I very much look forward to assisting you on this matter.

this manager is actually sending this employee to do What i want to say ‘stalking’. When she wanted to ‘visited’ with me a # of these accusations were unfounded and not true! Like I told a volunteer to do something and it wasn’t true, answer a phone in busy area while trying to help others at the same time accused of improperly answering the phone and getting the help needed right at that time which other area won’t answer the phone! Always accuseing me of not listening or communicating when she was the one telling NOT to answer the phone during this busy time!! Most of the time taking advantage of my severe hearing loss to embarrass me, putting me down, and for not Listening/ communicating wit staff, visitors, volunteers etc!!!
I would like to visit with you but at this time I need to go to this place...could we do this later today or tomorrow afternoon late as that is when I am home

This is an online question and answer site, so unfortunately there is no way for me to meet with you. I would, of course, be happy to resume here later at a time that suits your schedule. Just reply here when you are ready and we can pick back up.

Thank you so much and I definitely will do that!

Sounds good, I will look forward to assisting you later.