Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

One of my subordinates turned in a resignation letter

Customer Question
One of my subordinates...

One of my subordinates turned in a resignation letter stating that I contaminated bread and a knife when slicing the bread and cutting a finger then forced her to use the bread and sell it to customers. I had asked her to fix this (meaning getting rid of the bread and cleaning the knife and area) while I took care of the small cut on my finger and cleaned the sink I was using. My employer confronted me with the letter. I denied what was written but not sure what their actions will be.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This happened yesterday so not sure what my employer is deciding to do. Should I just ask them and go from that point?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. I'm not 100% sure I understand your question fully. Could you help me understand what your concern is in a little more detail?