Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was harrassed and retaliated against by supervisors

Customer Question
Good morning.. I was...

Good morning.. I was harrassed and retaliated against by supervisors protecting a man that was impersonating an employee. This man was also harassing me because I would not comply. Now that I have s case to sue them..they are using the intimidation tactics on me as if I already filed charges. I'm emotionally drained. My question is..it better to stay and file suit thru eeoc or retire early and file outside?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry.. New York State

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes.. I did report this to my union.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/13/2018
Employment Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Have you been demoted or not receiving promotions based on these incidents? Are are you being harassed to the point you want to quit. Also, have you reported the harassment to an HR department, if any, or higher up management if any, or the owner of the company?

sir.. I want to quit now. I have not been demoted. The management I complained to were the ones harassing me. This was prior to them finding out he never worked for the agency. They actually thought he worked there. He was their (go to man) He was a conman that was there for 15yrs. Stealing from them.
I asked the union to change my job site to no avail. I am at a different site now but they are intimidating me with police and all kind of stunts
No I need to save my money for a retainer.
I want to either quit or retire early. My question was would this be a better option than going through eeoc to file a complaint?

Quitting or retiring could possibly hurt the situation because in a discrimination complaint the employee must show that they would be willing to continue working at the place if the discrimination ceased to happen. In other words, the EEOC requires that the employee still wants to and will continue to work at the employer if there was no discrimination. So, quitting or retiring could hurt a person's case.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.