Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Addendum to previous question. I am classified as present as…

Addendum to previous question. I...
Addendum to previous question. I am classified as present as 1099 contractor. I have a contract. If they can look at me as employee in at will state then I have been misclassified for last 21 years or have clearly violated in numerous ways my contract
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm Wendy, a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you
I was waiting for another expert. The first one obviously did not even read my question as he was making many references to law’s that relate to employees when I clearly stated I was a 1099 contractor contemplating filing. a misclassification complaint
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You can file a complaint with the US Department of Labor.You may well be due some serious back pay and employer can be fined for such.

File here...https://www.dol.gov/whd/workers/misclassification/​

I am so sorry they have done this to you.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

Thanks again. If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer