Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is anyone here? Nothing so far. At will

Customer Question
HI! Is anyone here? ...

HI! Is anyone here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Nothing so far

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
I started a new job at the end of January. Before that happened, the person who recruited me to his company met me on a sex, fetish meetup site. During the holidays, he invited me to his home. His intentions were to have a three-way (with his boyfriend). The boyfriend went to sleep. I resisted advances, but after some drinks, I relented. Some other events happened after that. And the day of my interview he sent me texts and told me how much he has always found me attractive, that envisioning me in a suit "gave him a chubby" and after the interview, we wanted me to send him a pic of my penis hanging outside of my suit pants... This past Friday, he took me into his office to tell me "how toxic I am" (that is how some of my peers, fellow managers, have described me)
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. I'm not totally sure I understand the connection between your sexual relationship with this individual and the fact that some of your peers/managers have described you as "toxic." Is there a connection? Also, what specifically would you like to know here? How can I help you?

are you live to chat or can you talk via phone?

I can talk right here, right now. Alternatively you can request a phone call but there is an extra charge for that.

ok, we'll chat here. On Thursday 3/8, by accident, I was forwarded a message authorizing me to have some software added to my computer at work. In the thread, one of my peers said "Do we want him to have the software". This peer works closely with the dept. I'll be overseeing. When I saw this, I forwarded to my boss, the guy who I will be claiming sexual harassment. On Friday, I am called into his office and am told that he had taken a survey of "how is Glenn doing?" He said everyone "rolled they eyes and said, "not a good fit". One said I was toxic.
My theory is that he regrets what he had done as he was trying to recruit me to his company, what he did on the day of the job interview (TEXTED to me [just thinking about you in a suit gives me a chubby] and asking me as I was driving home "send him pic of my dick hanging out of my pants"
There is a lot more to discuss and this past Friday, I was called into HR's office to be verbally told that I am sharing inappropriate information with co-workers. History, in my training thus far, I am making small talk. I am a Certified Medical Interpreter. I recently mentioned to someone who had asked how is it I became one. I mentioned that when I was out on disability for my HIV, I took some classes. Well, this employee, ran to HR "crying" that I overshared too much info (I mentioned some other personal issues (Looking for an apt. due to my current situation at my temp housing - living with my brother and sis in law and how they are hoarders...)

Thank you. From what you are telling me, though, I do not see a connection between the sexual relationship you had with your manager and the complaints of other people about you. Is there a connection here that I'm not fully understanding?

Never mind. I'll speak to someone in person. I thought my explanation above and the screen shot that I sent you was pretty clear. I'll be asking for a refund.

I have read through everything you provided, but I did not see a clear connection between the sexual relationship and the complaints of other, unrelated people. I simply needed clarification. I will put you in touch with customer service for a refund and I wish you the best.

thank you.