Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work in SC. I was terminated on Jan 9th. 2018. A letter…

I work in SC...

I work in SC. I was terminated on Jan 9th. 2018. A letter was given to me stating that I would recieve any accrued but unused vacation to which I was entitled. Our company handbook states a accrued 15 days after five years of service (I have six). The Employer refused to pay stating the reason as the limited number of days I worked in 2018. Thoughts please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will - Full time

3/12/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You should receive all days provided in the company rules or as promised, whichever is greater.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Glad to hear it. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
5 Stars
Thanks! You should have a rating button
Infolawyer, Lawyer