Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Am a small business of No more than five people I am in a…

am a small business of...
am a small business of No more than five people I am in a very unique trade therefore I have all of my employees sign noncompete. I made my no compete up myself just doing online research and knowing if I kept the noncompete simple and didn’t ask for anything out rages I would be fine. 2 years they can’t start a business like mine and cannot go to any accounts serviced while working for me.
I am in the state of Georgia my employees are technically subcontracted 1099. He was let go because of not showing up for work and being caught in several lies including loaning my work Truck out to other people.
Now he has started a business and tried to take an account which I just sat down with them and told them the story and said he has a No compete of two years and that was that with that account. Now I’m in the middle of it with a larger account and will know this week if they dropped him to go back to me. All of my other accounts I feel the chance of them bailing on me is super slim
I’m just exploring all my options including double checking my noncompete which I can send a picture of.
I do not have a lawyer nor have I ever in my life
He is claiming he never signed it or knew anything about it and now that I’ve gone back and looked at signatures he put a scribble in the middle of his initial I now believe premeditating for this day.
3/11/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Any mark intended to be a signature amounts to it.Non Non competes are rarely enforced. they need to be very limited in time and space. unless a few miles and months will typically fail. Most employers wont even pursue it and clients are free to choose for themselves!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I am the employer and if I wish to pursue it will it hold weight considering I made a well reserved non compete just so I wouldn’t have a problem enforcing it if it came to this?
Unless the employee takes clients it is not recommended pursuing since courts will normally not enforce.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
That is the current problem Unraveling
That would be enforceable.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!You could also sue for an injunction.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable
Thank you for your time
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer