Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a rather unique question regarding on call pay as a…

Customer Question
Good morning Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I have a rather unique question regarding on call pay as a nurse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Not yet . I am going to pull the policy if there is one tomorrow when I go in. I actually dont think one exits.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time and at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just have to explain how we work in a recovery room as nurses because the weekend call rotation is different than the night call during the week

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 2 days by:
3/14/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome. I am happy to assist if you don't mind explaining the specifics of your question. I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Thanks but I looked up what I needed in the Code on "On Call" employees myself and presented it to HR. Just a for profit hospital trying to rip a bunch of us recovery room nurses out of our call pay during the week while the weekend call people get their time and a half. Funny how research and the threat of a wage and labor complaint will get you.

I'm glad you were able to sort this out yourself. If you no longer have any need for legal assistance would you like me to forward this question to customer service so that you can obtain a refund? Or was there some other way I can assist you? Please let me know...

Wow this message just came up. Yes please. Could you please let customer service know I researched the answer to my question so I may obtain a refund. I would appreciate that. By the way , during the meeting with Human Resources, the nurses and I insisted the hospital employment attorney be in on a three way call. He backed us up . The issue was our on call pay.