Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I want to know how to find out about the hipa law My hips…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know how to find out about the hipa law My hips was violated by a person who told a bunch of lies and caused me to have a hard time doing anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This is what happened I am disabled and walk with a cane I also use oxygen I was at church and a person who works for the company I am with tried to help me out of church I informed her that I did not need her help, because my nurse was waiting i=on me outside of church, Now she was off the clock and made statements that I needed help to a number of people. the next week she went and told the company that I had been by myself and my nurse was not around, this caused my nurse to get written up, my question is if the person is not on the clock and after hours on her own time broke the hipa law by telling other people about my nurse wasn't within a few feet of me. if she broke the law i want to file charges against her,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has never liked me after i fired her daughter for not doing her work as n=my housekeeper, she has always tried to n=make my nurse and the others that work for me to make their life a living hell.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/11/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Court action can be filed. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!