Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My question is for over yr up to Friday, I have been

Customer Question
My question is for...

My question is for over yr up to Friday, I have been followed, use of intimidation, feels like harassment. Then men started using woman to set me up for false accusations, including being followed, I started wearing sunglasses, I heard on girl yell out to higher up he is wearing sunglasses what do you want us to do now. This behavior went on for a few weeks. I would take breaks in the bathroom with stress, fear. ect ect. I been told I should consult a lawyer weeks ago. I'm researching

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The individual male who started this with hunt was finally let go a couple of weeks ago but I heard chatter that higher ups are worried I can get a lawyer. So the leering at my desk is constant some ever stand behind me for a good minute just staring at me I can see them in my peripheral vision. As I don't stop working and I don't acknowledge what there doing. I consider this more intimidation and management knows this is going on,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO not on my end I have never been here before I had hoped they would just stop if focus do my Job and let me be but now I have a feeling they wont stop.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

State is AZ, they tried to bully me on Friday to sign a coaching paper, with strange comments, that I disagreed with manager very calmly, super, and Hr gentleman was in the room. I can tell they were trying to get a rise out of me. They questioned my work I then explained calmly my procedure and I requested and I suggested they can sit with me so can show them what I do in workflow. He brushed me off in an angry tone, he then question my sick time, Which I was sick I said calmly I'm confused I was sick. He then brushed me off and said and your Rude. I was soooo confused, I calmly said low low tone wow I have never in my life been called rude I have been known to be a giver and been told that I am to nice my entire life. He wanted me to sign a paper. I resused then I asked Hr GUY do I have to sign this he said no because you disagree. said because I disagree I don't have to sign there paper so I refused to sign anything, I then said I apologize to Manager. I said if came of Rude that's not me or my character. Everything manager was saying was in an very angry tone at the end his tone went to super nicest guy. Then said listen forgot about today will revisit this Monday this was a lot to tell someone. I even suggest you go take a break extra break. Which I did not do except for the allotted 15 minute break. I then said again I apologize if you took anything I said rude my character is very polite and nice. The Rude scenario he brought up was he came to my desk to converse about ear buds and I said oh I am sorry I will look at them later I in a deep workflow project. The double edge sword is they were trying to get me off working to ding me. This is the short version.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/11/2018
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hello; I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. I have reviewed your post -what is your legal question please?

Is there any grounds for legal action i can take for harrasmeant intimidation bullying and men using woman to try n set me up for false accusations.

Unfortunately workplace lawsuits such as hostile work environments and harassment must be based on the victim's position in a protected category- for example, race, gender, religion, age;

please see:

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/harassment.cfm

Otherwise if a person is not being treated properly at work, since the employer/employee relationship is at will, either party may terminate that relationship at any time, for any reason, so long as the reason is not illegal.

Now if the co-workers or other third parties continue to harass one may seek a civil injunction restricting that behavior; but that is a legal court remedy.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.