Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in N.J. and work for my employer ABC company for 15…

Customer Question
I live in N.J. and...
I live in N.J. and work for my employer ABC company for 15 years. ABC company has decided to outsource my position to XYZ company. I got a 2 year contract and signed an NDA. I applied for a different position in ABC company, a manager position. Will this violate my NDA
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/10/2018
Employment Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I have been an attorney for 20 years. I want to be sure I understand your question fully. Who did you sign a contract with - ABC or XYZ company? And do you have a copy of the NDA you could send?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
XYC Company. Can’t seem to figure out how to attach

By NDA, I am assuming you mean a non-disclosure agreement. A lot will depend on the contractual arrangement between ABC and XYZ companies, but also given you were outsourced by ABC, I would expect that even there may be a technical violation you should be able to negotiate out of the agreement. If you can find a way to attach it that would be great; I, unfortunately, am not probably much help on that. There is an attachment button (the paperclip) on my screen when I am responding to you. If you see that, and haven't already, try clicking that to see if it will let you attach from your computer. I will not click that I have answered your question at this point, as I don't know that I can provide a full response without at least reviewing the agreement.

Happy Friday. I just wanted to check in to see if there was anything more I can do to help answer you questions.

Tina, Lawyer