Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I worked for ABC company for 15 years. They decided to
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Juris Doctor
I worked for ABC company for 15 years. They decided to outsource my position to XYZ company and they gave me a two year contract and I signed an NDA. I'm going to apply to a different position in ABC … read more
I live in Illinois and I have accepted a job offer (signed
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I live in Illinois and I have accepted a job offer (signed the offer, offer does not mentioned anything regarding termination notice) in two different companies. Company ABC would like me to start on … read more
I have an odd situation. I currently am employed by company
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Hello, I have an odd situation. I currently am employed by company ABC. Company ABC provides outsourced services for company XYZ. Company XYZ has recently announced it is discontinuing the contract wi… read more
I had a written contract(12 months till now it has been 7)
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I had a written contract(12 months till now it has been 7) with my employer ABC. There was XYZ as a vendor and through that I came to company PQR. XYZ and ABC both knew this was contract to hire. I took the offer from PQR and now ABC is telling me they will take legal action … read more
I am a clothing designer companies , 2 entirely different
Ely, Counselor at Law
I am a clothing designer for 2 companies , 2 entirely different unrelated LLC's. I have a factory that produces garments for both. The factory is refusing to give me back all my personal property, pai… read more
Hi, Can there be a contract only for particular state between
Loren, employment lawyer
Hi, Can there be a contract only for particular state between employee and employer. I had signed the right to represent agreement with them for 2 months and they will search a job for me. Now before … read more
A registered and domiciled LLC in Washington, D.C. Provide
socrateaser, employment lawyer
A registered and domiciled LLC in Washington, D.C. Provide administrative support services to various unrelated organization with 4 full time employees and wants to hire multiple additional Part time … read more
I was employed by ABC Co. which, 1 month later, became INACTIVE
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
I was employed by ABC Co. which, 1 month later, became INACTIVE BY DISSOLUTION BY PROCLAMATION/ANNULMENT OF AUTHORITY because of its tax problems. XYZ Co. took over its operations without changing ABC… read more
Questions::Employment Contract Flaws - Settlements
law.review
law.review, Juris Doctorate
Questions:: Today, my friend approached me with the following questions and i need answers for the same to suggest a better path: 1) Modification of Contract (Employment) He received an employment con… read more
Question 1 Which one of the following statements is more
Ellen, Attorney
Question 1 Which one of the following statements is more consistent with independent contractor status than employee status? A. The length of the service is indefinite. B. The employer sets the time a… read more
After 15 years with the company I am being asked to sign a
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
After 15 years with the company I am being asked to sign a nondisclosure as part of the new employees handbook. Do I have to sign? We are a small company with only 21 employees and I am the National S… read more
First off, let me apologize in advance for the length and complexity
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
First off, let me apologize in advance for the length and complexity of this question. I was recently let go from my job after it was outsourced. I started at the company as a part-time order puller, … read more
I began working for ABC Company on January 5, 2011 as Contractor
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I began working for ABC Company on January 5, 2011 as Contractor Interim HR Manager. I applied and interviewed for the permanent HR Manager position and was told that I was the second best candidate a… read more
I am an employee of ABC Company and am in training with another
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I am an employee of ABC Company and am in training with another job at XYZ Company (100% Commission). I do not have an agreement in which I cannot do this with ABC. However, I want to put in my two we… read more
I have signed a non competition and non solicitation with my
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I have signed a non competition and non solicitation with my employer, now I need to change comapany with other employer with the same client, Can I do that.… read more
Long story short.....1/11/11 I was verbally hired by my former
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Long story short..... 1/11/11 I was verbally hired by my former employer "ABC", after negotiating $80k salary and start date of 1/31/11 I accepted. 1/12/11 I gave my current employer "XYZ" my resignat… read more
I worked for a Company with a Business unit as a subsidiary
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I worked for a Company with a Business unit as a subsidiary (ABC inc DBA XYZ-Michigan from June 2004 through June 2008. Each business unit was classifed as it's own corporation DBA XYZ -Location. In N… read more
I am working as a consultant (not as an employee) for company
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I am working as a consultant (not as an employee) for company "ABC". ABC has a contract with another company "123" that should be done by May 30th. I am doing the work. Company 123 pay company ABC an … read more