Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated 2 days prior to quifying for my bonus

Customer Question
I was terminated 2...

I was terminated 2 days prior to quifying for my bonus payout.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I filed an opened door complaint with sams club stating I’ve been retaliate against, sexually harassed and Work hostile situation against my supervisor. Then I was terminated 2 months for a missing item

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The memo stated in order to qualify for the company bonus incentive. You must be employed through 1/31/18 and I was fired on 1/29/18.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You can allege entitlement to the bonus on the ground that your employer engaged in unlawful retaliation in response to your complaint about sexual harassment. You can also allege breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, which is a general obligation assumed to be part of all employment agreements, which basically provides that an employer cannot act in bad faith to deprive employees of benefits they could have reasonably expected under the terms of their employment. Here, it seems you were obviously terminated right before the bonus payout date in order to avoid paying, thus depriving you unfairly of benefits you could have expected under your contract.

I would consult with some local attorneys, as you may be able to find a lawyer willing to represent you on these claims on a contingency fee basis. You can also file an EEOC complaint on the sexual harassment retaliation and have them investigate.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.