Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Have a lawyer for worker's comp., they are currently

Customer Question
Have a lawyer for...

Have a lawyer for worker's comp., they are currently compelling for med. treatment in NJ contested worker's comp., my temp disability(statues undetermined) who can help me push this through, I have snet every conceivable document, have not received any disability, my lawyer only compelling for Medical(personal injury to follow..private vendor)., how do I get NJ to issue me a check!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time., but workers comp i was injured, their insurance carrier went bankrupt i revert back to state for temp disb./

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a lawyer but they are not temp disability/workers comp., on the medical? why would they not do both?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

They are supposed to do both. If he is representing you in a workers compensation claim, that should encompass both the medical portion and your temporary total disability if you cannot work. If he is not handling the temporary total disability, then you need to discuss it with him as far as your temporary total disability payments, as that should come from the insolvency fund as well.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.