Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I file a harassment, discrimination, violation of medical…

Customer Question
Goodmorning, I file a...

Goodmorning, I file a harassment, discrimination, violation of medical against my recent employer. Harassment because of the work environment and because she showed up at a public place and appropriate me. So I filed a police report because she was following and me and I didn't know what she would do to me. My work location was in Jackson, MS and at was at a drug store in Canton, MS about 30 minutes on the outside of Jackson, MS. I was felt threaten by her behavior. My employer cause me mental, physical and emotional stress. As a result, I have to seek medical help and I am still under the doctor for this related event. There was other occasion where I was being harass on my job. Also once they receive my grievance, they retaliated and immediately seek to terminate me. They give me a preterm-nation notice while I was on medical leave and they went back to change the dates on the letter. Issue me another letter with different dates.Also the performance evaluation had different dates and was change. I was terminated after 13 years with the state, in which I worked 1 1/2 years. Need advise..I state the unfair treatment to them and they still terminated me, I give them my medical records and they still terminated me. I think they did it out of retaliation. Need help!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Case was filed with the EEOC. And also a right to sue letter was issue

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

As this done to you based only because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?

Did you violate any of the employer's rules?

What is your specific question for us about this matter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My question is what type of claim can I file? Would it be Retaliation, Harrassment and/or Discrimination?
Thank you for your reply.If you were not only harassed and discriminated against based only on your age, race, sex, disability, National orign and then terminated you for making a complaint, then your suit would be hostile work environment and retaliation and it would all be one suit.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney