Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

There’s a situation at my job that makes me feel like they…

Hi, there’s a situation...

Hi, there’s a situation at my job that makes me feel like they are trying to shame me or make an example of me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I’m in massachussetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s it I think

3/9/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you? What happened?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As of yesterday I was in a management position at my kid. My manager informed me yesterday that I was getting demoted, my pay cut and as if that wasn’t shameful enough. They are putting on display in a cubicle in the middle of the call center floor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I feel like I am being shamed
Is it being done out of discrimination ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Made an example of
Are you asking if shaming is illegal?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is shaming legal?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To my knowledge I am the first person that this is being done to and I am a minority
It is legal. You may complain internally. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Acceptable
Glad to hear it. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer